How it all started
The business started trading as Chris Sedgeman Scaffolding in July 1996. The company started with two scaffolding gangs. It changed its name to Chris Sedgeman Scaffolding Limited in December 2000.
The company is run by
- Chris Sedgeman (Managing Director)
- Stephen Sedgeman (Quotations/Operations Manager)
- Lynn Way (Company Secretary, Financial Manager, Safety, Health & Environmental Manager)
- David Law (General Manager)
- Neil Stephens (Commercial Manager)
- Samantha Barrett (Office Manager)
- Nicholas Hatton (Fleet Manager)
- Luke McLean (Yard Manager)
The company started trading on a small scale but the work started to increase rapidly and within the first two years the turn over doubled. In the light of this, the company established a firm customer base. The business has a good relationship with suppliers, customers and the local authorities. Its reputation for safety and ensuring a job was completed efficiently has spread in the business community. In recent years it has won several awards for its commitment to staff, health and safety and much more.
The company has secured contracts with businesses such as: -
- The Tate Gallery, St Ives;
- Midas Construction - completing big jobs such as Geevor Tin Mine & The Heartlands Project
- Kier Construction & Living
- Cormac Contracting - completing South Crofty Tin Mine
- Project SLAM (MOD) - South West Region.
- Penzance Train Station
- Dawlish Railway Emergency
- Hayle Viaduct
- Longrock Depot, Penzance
A Major turning point for the company came when it started to work for larger contacts. The business now has a firm customer base and holds the contracts for St Michael's Mount, Western Power, DCH, Coastline and much more.